1. All entrants must be able to attend the awards ceremony and screening at VisionFest At The Viaduct (downtown LA) on Saturday, October 21st, 2017.
2. All submissions must include a minimum of 1 Shutterstock footage clip (provided upon request - see below)
3. All submissions must acknowledge Shutterstock in the credit role at the end ("Footage Courtesy of Shutterstock"is fine.)
4. All submissions must be a minimum of 30 seconds, but cannot exceed 3 minutes in total length (including titles).
5. All submissions must include music, sound and images that have be legally cleared for public and internet presentation.
6. All submissions must be received no later than midnight on Oct. 14th, 2017 - EXTENDED TO WED. OCT. 18TH!
1. Decide what film you want to make. Or not. You can first just browse the clips and get inspired.
2. Create a "Free Browse" account at shutterstock.com/subscribe.mhtml (if you already have an account, you can skip this step)
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Quick Cuts Competitor," your username or the email address you used to sign up. From there, someone from Shutterstock's team will activate your account within 48 hours if not sooner.
4. Go to http://www.shutterstock.com/video/ and browse the full selection of HD stock footage.
5. Select clips and download. Remember, you can only select a maximum of 5 clips.
6. Make your film!!
7. Upload your film to Vimeo (please make private).
8. Send the vimeo link of your film to email@example.com
9. Finalists will be notified by Friday, October 20th, 2017.
10. All participants are invited to VisionFest as guests of Filmmakers Alliance, but finalists MUST be in attendance in order for their films to be screened and judged by the audience.
The stock footage made available to you via the Quick Cuts competition are to be used for the purposes of creating a film for this competition, but cannot be used in any additional/third party or commercial project without being licensed via Shutterstock. Violation of this provision will result in disqualification, revocation of FA membership and subsequent legal action.